My Blog List

Jul 1, 2011

A review - sorta..!


  Today, I happened to watch the movie, Angels and Demons. And that is unusual cause I never go about watching something when I've already read the book, page to page. As many of the bookworms would agree with me here, movies just aren't  the real deal. I must agree the visuals reach our brain faster but then if your imagination is good enough, thats more than enough. Because while reading a book, I get to imagine every single movement of the characters, every emotion that passes in their head, every single detail of the geography around them; And for me thats way way cooler than watching a movie. In a movie, if the actors aren't right- flop! the diector is dumb- flop again! the special effects are full of flaws- floppier!! Even if a genius happens to get all that right, one just cannot grasp everything at the same time! Now am getting carried away.. well why i was watching this movie was basically, I was bored. There was nothing good on and no amount of channel surfing would change that! 
    
    So we were almost in the last hour of the movie when Professor Langdon walks in. I just turned my head to reply to something my mom said and there-! I hear my one of my favorite Disney characters, Woody, blabbering something. Now where on earth did the rudinous studinous cowboy come from?! Sadly it was Tom Hanks and not Woody.. Quite a disappointment there I just cant take Tom Hanks seriously anymore! No wonder everyone was critiquing him doing Langdon.

    For me, I found the book a little too dramatic. But the movie kind of did something else.. It gave me goosebumps.. I wonder why..! Maybe it was just the cold wind blasting through my window.. Well I did finish watching it without complaining, and got to see "Woody" save the entire of Rome from blasting into smithereens, saving the entire papacy from going into the hands of the terribly evil, and later suicicidal, Carmelengo..!

I don't think i said much about the movie..! Anyways it will be better next time..!!

No comments:

Post a Comment