My Blog List

Aug 3, 2011

LOst and Found.

Where would I be if You hadnt found me.. I would be so lost.. I would have been living in the depths of darkness.. No one couldve gotten me out except You.. And even though I knew all this I resorted to doubts, questions and just gave up.. I just let It overtake me.. 
All I had to do was reach out for that Hand.. I was too scared because I couldnt see You.. Blinded by the darkness.. But no amount of darkness could diminish the Light in me.. Day in and day out I was encircled by vultures and all sorts of dark creatures.. their only goal; to devour me completely.. I was too weak to run or fight.. I lay there abandoned and desolate.. I couldnt hear Your voice telling me to reach out.. You were so close but yet so far.. 
I was writhing in my own pain.. I shut myself away.. So I couldnt feel a thing.. I was too scared what I see and hear might hurt me.. But what I actually failed to see were all the hands reaching out to pull me out.. what I couldnt hear were all those comforting voices.. 
I was sinking beneath waves and waves of negativity.. I was drowning on with no sign of hope.. terrified to make an effort.. They were going to tear and rip me to pieces anyway.. The wind sometimes blew in their mocking and sneering voices.. All was lost I thought.. So is this how life repays you.. 
They were so close I could feel their warm, evil breath on my skin.. The end was near.. They made a pounce for their kill.. I could feel the warm blood oozing out.. I was drowning in it.. I felt no pain.. None at all.. Was I even alive or was it over already.. A sudden jolt.. Blinding light.. I knew I was not alone.. 
The minutes and hours passed by in a blurry haze.. I had no account of time gone.. But I knew I was safe.. safe from that darkness.. All I had to do was get up and walk into the Light.. As I rose I could feel their gaze on me.. I tried not to make eye contact.. Surrounded by comfort.. I was blind but now I see.. I was deaf but now I hear.. I was lost but now am found.. I can Feel.. 
Reality comes rushing back.. So maybe it took a thousand sleepless nights to know You were always near.. You never let go.. Although I failed to acknowledge you, You never gave up hope, never.. For which I am eternally grateful.. Your love knows no bounds.. I was lost but YOU found me..! 

No comments:

Post a Comment